Regional Group of the IAJ
PROMOTING AN INDEPENDENT JUDICIARY WORLDWIDE
The IAJ has four Regional Groups: the European Association of Judges, the Iberoamerican Group, the African Group, the Asian, North American and Oceanian Group. Purpose of the Regional Groups is to discuss local problems concerning the Judiciary. They usually meet twice a year and may pass resolutions either on general issues affecting the Judiciary of the whole concerned area, or specifically regarding one ore more given countries. Ad hoc missions and reports can also be organized in particular cases.
Latest EAJ NEWS
An hybrid conference on “The Media and Legal Professions: Trust in the Judiciary requires trust in the Media“, organised by the European Forum for legal profession (which EAJ is a member of)
On 17th September 2023 all the four Regional Groups of the IAJ met in Taipei in the framework of the 65th IAJ annual meeting.
On March 2022, the Deutscher Richterbund (DRB, German Judges Association) conducted a survey among the members of the European Association of Judges (EAJ) on limitations for submissions in civil lawsuits.
Latest Tweet from EAJ
Latest IAJ NEWS
- IAJ’s Secretary-General Report before the 41st Plenary Assembly of the CEPEJ in Strasbourg (4 and 5 December, 2023)
- IBA Group statements about Spain and Puerto Rico
- Signature of a Co-operation Agreement between the IAJ and the International Union of Notaries (UINL)
- Symposium on Dejudiciarisation organised by the IUNL – Presentation by Secretary-General Giacomo Oberto
- Annual Conference of the European Forum of the Legal Professions
- Statement of the Presidency Committee on Israel
Latest Tweet from IAJ
Next Event in
Calendar Next Event
International Association of Judges
Union Internationale des Magistrats
Palazzo di Giustizia
Piazza Cavour – 00193 – Roma, Italy
tel. +39 06 6883 2213 – fax. +39 06 687 1195